The Demography Club is the Demography Ph.D. Students' Association at Penn and serves as a facilitator between students, postdocs, visitors, and PSC faculty. The Demography Club aims to create opportunities for greater integration between students in the Ph.D. program, postdocs and visitors, faculty members and alumni. In addition, the Demography Club fosters interdepartmental collaboration through the organization of social and academic events throughout the year.
Planned events for the 2018-2019 Academic Year include a monthly “Behind the Paper” series, where students present ongoing work and provide a behind-the-scenes look at a specific technical component of their paper. To sign up to be a presenter at this series, please fill out this Google form and/or send an email to email@example.com. Other planned events include a job market panel with Assistant Professors, an interdisciplinary research panel to foster connections across schools, and various social events to promote a healthy work-life balance. Contact the Demography Club for more information.
The Demography Club is run by one or two students each year.
- 2019 - 2020: Co-Chairs: Rebecca Schut & Weilong Li
- 2018 - 2019: Co-Chairs: Hannah Olson & Nick Graetz
- 2017 - 2018: Co-Chairs: Duy Do & Jordan Weiss
- 2016 - 2017: Co-Chairs: Yana Vierboom & Megan Reed
- 2015 - 2016: Co-Chairs: Alex Shpenev & Carmen Ng
- 2014 - 2015: Co-Chairs: Ezra Fishman & Monica He
- 2013 - 2014: Co-Chairs: Helena Cruz Castanheira & Laura Kelly
- 2012 - 2013: Co-Chairs: Jamaica Corker & Apoorva Jadhav
- 2011 - 2012: Co-Chairs: Emily Vala-Haynes & Jamaica Corker
- 2010 - 2011: Presidents: Matthew Ruther & Maria Sironi
- 2009 - 2010: Presidents: Vitor Miranda & Rachel Margolis
- 2008 - 2009: Presidents: Vitor Miranda & Ruben Castro
- 2007 - 2008: Presidents: Rachel Margolis & Mikko Myrskylä
- 2006 - 2007: President: Hiram Beltrán-Sánchez